1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Dave in Alpharetta, GA's Note:
From the FoodTV show Tyler's Ultimate. I watched him make this the other day and it really looked amazing. The relish really seemed to moisten it and it looked good enough to eat on it's own. Posting for myself, but would love to hear from anyone who's tried it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 red bell peppers, cored, seeded, and finely diced
- 2 tomatoes, halved, seeded, and finely diced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- 2Coat a skillet with a 2-count of oil and place over medium heat. Saute the onion, garlic, and bay leaves for a few minutes.
- 3Add red peppers and cook them for a couple of minutes until soft. Add tomatoes.
- 4Stir in the parsley, ketchup and Worcestershire; season with salt and pepper.
- 5Simmer relish for 5 minutes then remove from the heat.
- 6Place the torn white bread in a bowl and add the milk to just barely cover, swish the bread around in the milk and let it sit while you get the rest of the ingredients for the meat loaf together.
- 7In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground beef and pork with 1 1/2 cups of the tomato relish, the eggs, and thyme; season with salt and pepper.
- 8Squeeze the excess milk from the bread and add the soaked bread to the meat mixture.
- 9Transfer the meat mixture to the center of a lightly oiled cookie sheet and form into a log (around 9 x 4-inches).
- 10Coat the top of the meatloaf with another 1/2 cup of the tomato relish and then lay the bacon across the top lengthwise.
- 11Bake the meatloaf for 1 to 1 1/2 hours until the bacon is crisp and the meatloaf is firm, rotating the meatloaf periodically to ensure even browning.
- 12Remove the meatloaf from oven and let it cool a bit before slicing.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tyler's Ultimate Meatloaf
Serving Size: 1 (302 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 681.7
- Calories from Fat 373
- Total Fat 41.5 g
- Saturated Fat 15.3 g
- Cholesterol 262.7 mg
- Sodium 1017.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 18.1 g
- Protein 48.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: