Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Ash's friend, not my little guy! This recipe is so moist and delicious. I've never sampled another Mexican cornbread, muffin or otherwise, that rivaled it.
- 1 1⁄2 cups self-rising cornmeal
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) can creamed corn
- 2 jalapenos, chopped fine
- Combine all and mix in large bowl.
- Spoon into muffin tins.
- Make sure to grease the tins first.
- Bake at 425° for around 20 minutes.