Prep 6 mins
Cook 1 min
I wanted to create a smoothie and I made this myself. I came up with this and my family liked it. I topped mine off with whipped cream and added sugar to the Splenda but used Splenda for the recipe because my Dad has diabetes. I think you should make this recipe because it is full of healthy bits and it took a long time to perfect. This recipe is my pride and joy!
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen mixed berries (Trader Joe's)
- 1 (6 ounce) container plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 cup skim milk
- 5 teaspoons sugar substitute, we like Splenda
- 1 apple, peeled, cored
- whipped cream (optional)
- 1 cup ice cube, about 7 cubes
- Put all ingredients in a blender.
- Don't forget to put the cover on the blender.
- Blend for about a minute.
- Taste; add more Splenda if necessary.
- Top with whipped cream if desired.
This looks fantastic! I don't have any yogurt or mixed berries so I just put it on my grocery list for tomorrow. Smoothies make a great breakfast. I can't wait to make it! I'll be back with a rating!