Recipe by Tim the Doughboy
I saw this on a Food Network dessert special and decided to try it. Surprisingly easy to make and beyond delicious!!
- 2 cups finely ground graham crackers
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 pint sour cream
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1 dash vanilla extract
Lemon Blueberry Topping
- 1 pint blueberries
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 2 tablespoons sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- For the crust:.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a mixing bouwl, combine the ingredients with a fork until evenly moistened. Lightly coat the bottom and sides of an 8 inch springform pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour the crumbs inot the pan, and using the bottom of a smmoth glass, press the crumbs down into the base and 1 inch up the sides. Regrigerate for 5 minutes.
- For the filling:.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese on low speed for 1 minute until smooth and free of lumps. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, and continue to beat slowly until combined. Gradually add sugar and beat until creamy (about 1 to 2 minutes).
- Add sour cream, lemon zest, and vanilla. Periodically scrape down the sides of the bowl and beaters. The batter should be well-mixed but not overbeaten. Pour the filling into the crust-lined pan and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Set the cheescake pan on a large piece of aluminum foil and fold up the sides around the pan. Place the cake pan in a large roasting pan. Pour boiling water in the roasting pan until the water is about halfway up the sides of the cheesecake pan; the foil will keep the water from seeping into the cheesecake. Bake for about 45 minutes. The cheesecake will still be soft (it will firm up after chilling), so be careful not to overcook. Let cool in pan for about 30 minutes. Chill in the regrigerator, loosely covered, for at least 4 hours. Loosen the cheescake from the side of the pan by running a thin metal spatula around the inside rim. Unmold and transfer to a cake plate. Using a spatula, spread a layer of Lemon Blueberry topping over the top.
- For the topping:.
- In a small saucepan, add all the ingredients and simmer over medium heat for 5 minutes or so until the fruit begins to break down slightly. Let cool before spreading on cheesecake.