Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Just takes a few minutes to create this awesome & tasty dish!
Make and share this Tyler Florence's Shrimp Scampi With Linguine recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb linguine
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large shallots, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled & deveined with tails left on
- fresh black pepper, ground
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- Bring large pot of water to boil, stir in linguine and salt until pasta seperates; cover and return to boil. Cook 6-8 minutes until pasta is not quite done. Drain, reserving 1 cup water.
- In large skillet melt 2 Tbs butter in 2 Tbs evoo over med-high heat. Add shallots, garlic and red pepper flakes; cook, stirring unil shallots are translucent, 3-4 minute Season shrimp w/salt & pepper, add to skillet & cook until pink, 2-3 minutes. Remove shrimp & keep warm.
- Add wine & lemon juice to skillet and bring to boil. Add remaining butter and evoo. When butter has melted return shrimp to skillet along with pasta, parsley and reserved cooking water.
- Season well, drizzle with a bit more olove oil and a sprig of parsley: serve immediately.
Very tasty and beautiful dish. I cut down a little on the lemon juice and added cherry tomatoes. This is a great recipe when you have to rely on pantry and freezer for a quick dinner. Thank you, Meredith F.!
I've made this on several occasions and my family loves it.It's fast and easy to make and it tastes fresh and delicious.add a side salad and bread and you have a meal fit for a king.This is an excellent recipe.Thanks for sharing.