Recipe by Marie Nixon
Mean Chef's Pulled Pork So It's Bekah's Pulled Pork Now is pretty much the gold standard for pulled pork on Recipezaar. I am offering up this alternative that looked fantastic when Tyler made it on the Food Network and turned out fantastic when I made it at home also. The ingredient list is his, the instructions are mine.
- 1 (4 -4 1/2 lb) boneless pork shoulder (about 4 to 4.5 pounds)
- 4 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup paprika
- 2 -3 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves only
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cayenne
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Into a food processor, put the kosher salt, black pepper, brown sugar, paprika, thyme leaves, garlic, vinegar and cayenne. Pulse until well combined.
- Slowly add in the olive oil until the mixture forms a nice paste. Rub all over pork. Get into all of the nooks and crannies. This will help to form a crust on the outside when cooked.
- Cover pork with plastic wrap or put in a zip loc freezer bag and refrigerate for at least 3 hours or up to overnight.
- When ready to cook, let the meat sit out a room temperature for 30 minutes.Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Line the roasting pan with foil. Spray the roasting rack with non-stick cooking spray.
- Roast the pork for approximately 4 - 5 hours, uncovered until the outside is crispy brown and the sugar has carmelized to form the crust. Let the meat rest on a cutting board for 10 minutes before pulling apart.