Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is one of DH's favorite chicken dishes! The Panko bread crumbs makes the coating crispy and great!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lay the chicken between 2 pieces of plastic wrap.
- Using the flat side of a meat mallet, gently pound the chicken to 1/4-inch thickness.
- Take care not to pound too hard because the meat may tear or create holes.
- Lay 2 slices of cheese on each breast, followed by 2 slices of ham, and 2 more of cheese; leaving a 1/2-inch margin on all sides to help seal the roll.
- Tuck in the sides of the breast and roll up tight like a jellyroll.
- Squeeze the log gently to seal.
- Season the flour with salt and pepper; spread out on waxed paper or in a flat dish.
- Mix the breadcrumbs with thyme, kosher salt, pepper, and oil, the oil will help the crust brown.
- Beat together the eggs and water, the mixture should be fluid.
- Lightly dust the chicken with flour, then dip in the egg mixture.
- Gently coat in the bread crumbs.
- Carefully transfer the roulades to a baking pan and bake for 20-30 minutes until browned and cooked through.
- Cut into pinwheels before serving.