1/1 Photo of Tyler Florence's Berry Scones With Orange Honey Butter
I just saw Tyler make this on TV and it looks so good! He makes the butter from scratch using heavy cream and a food processor. How cool is that?
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Orange Honey Butter
Berry Buttermilk Scones
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar, plus more for sprinkling scones
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/8 cup cold unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 1/2 cups fresh mixed berries, washed and dried (e.g. blueberries, raspberries, blackberries)
- 3/4 cup buttermilk (leftover from orange butter)
- 1You can do this the old fashioned way and add ingredients to a mason jar, cover with the lid and shake vigorously for 10 minutes, or you can use the food processor.
- 2In a food processor bowl add all the ingredients and turn on high. The liquid will slosh, whip and then separate after about 4 minutes. When the mixture separates, (these are the butter solids and buttermilk), stop processing and strain out the buttermilk - there will be just under a cup. Reserve the buttermilk to make the scones. Strain out the butter and squeeze dry. Work the butter a couple of times to bring it together to form a nice ball. Refrigerate butter until ready to use.
- 3For the scones: Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 4In a food processor bowl add flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add cold butter cubes and pulse until you have the texture of coarse bread crumbs. Transfer to a large mixing bowl, then add 3/4 cup of buttermilk and stir to combine. As it comes together add berries and fold dough to incorporate berries but not break them up too much.
- 5Drop spoonfuls of dough onto a parchment lined sheet pan. Using a pastry brush, paint the tops of each scone lightly with buttermilk and sprinkle with sugar.
- 6Bake until golden brown, and nice and puffy, about 17 to 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and transfer to a wire rack.
- 7Serve warm with the Orange Honey Butter.
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tyler Florence's Berry Scones With Orange Honey Butter
Serving Size: 1 (346 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 985.7
- Calories from Fat 639
- Total Fat 71.0 g
- Saturated Fat 44.0 g
- Cholesterol 249.1 mg
- Sodium 733.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 82.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 31.2 g
- Protein 9.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
oranges, zest of