Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I don't like the stuff that comes out of jars too much so I came up with this! Anyone can make it! This is a traditional Tex-Mex recipe.
- 3 medium tomatoes, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 0 red onions or 0 sweet onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno, diced (4-6 jarred jalapeno pepper slices, diced, depending on how you like the heat)
- 1 lime
- 4.92 ml dried cilantro (1 small fistful fresh, shredded)
- Put tomatoes in container with garlic, onion, and jalapenos and stir together. If using the jar jalapenos add a little splash of juice from jar of jalapeno slices.
- Squirt lime juice on and stir. Add cilantro.
- Add salt, pepper, and any other seasonings to taste. Refrigerate and let "marinate" for a little while for flavors to incorporate. Enjoy!
Fantastic Salsa!!! Quick and easy to make. I added 2 med avocadoes and served over lime grilled chicken and used the leftovers for nachos the next day!! Lasts really well and tastes fantastic! I don't think I'll ever be able to eat jarred salsa again!
Made for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup tag game 2013 and what a hit. I followed the instructions using a fresh jalapeno (leaving a few seeds in for heat...oh yes, this jalapeno was warm) and fresh cilantro. Delicious!!! I used this on Taco Salad#120653 and what was left over was used with fresh toasted tortilla chips. Thank you for posting.
So good, fresh, and easy! I made it exactly as written. Sometimes cilantro can be overwhelming. I actually prefer dried for pico de gallo.