Recipe by Jessica K
I don't like the stuff that comes out of jars too much so I came up with this! Anyone can make it! This is a traditional Tex-Mex recipe.
Top Review by N1kita
Fantastic Salsa!!! Quick and easy to make. I added 2 med avocadoes and served over lime grilled chicken and used the leftovers for nachos the next day!! Lasts really well and tastes fantastic! I don't think I'll ever be able to eat jarred salsa again!
- 3 medium tomatoes, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 red onions or 1⁄4 sweet onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno, diced (4-6 jarred jalapeno pepper slices, diced, depending on how you like the heat)
- 1⁄2 lime
- 1 teaspoon dried cilantro (1 small fistful fresh, shredded)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put tomatoes in container with garlic, onion, and jalapenos and stir together. If using the jar jalapenos add a little splash of juice from jar of jalapeno slices.
- Squirt lime juice on and stir. Add cilantro.
- Add salt, pepper, and any other seasonings to taste. Refrigerate and let "marinate" for a little while for flavors to incorporate. Enjoy!