Prep 20 mins
Cook 24 hrs
Delicious sangria recipe that is great for any day, but is great in the hot weather. Its light and refreshing that requires some elbow grease but will be sure to please and well worth the overnight wait.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brandy
- 3 -4 lemons
- 3 -4 oranges
- red wine, 750 ml I like cabernet the best
- seltzer water, 1 liter
- Mix sugar and Brandy until sugar is dissolved.
- Add juice of oranges and lemons straining out seeds.
- Add bottle of wine and handful of crushed mint.
- Let sit overnight.
- Next day, strain mint, and either add liter of seltzer if all will be consumed, or 3/4 sangria to 1/4 seltzer over ice in a glass.
- Add slices of orange, lemon, and lime with sprig of mint.