Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
A great way to make two side dishes from one vegetable :)
- 500 g silver beet
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup tasty cheese (grated)
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- fresh ground black pepper
- Tear leaves from stalks and shred roughly.
- Slice the white stalks into 1/2" lengths.
- Boil stalk pieces in salted water til tender.
- Drain well and then place in an ovenproof dish.
- Sprinkle with cheese then nutmeg & pepper.
- Place under the grill til cheese is melted and starting to brown.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley (optional).
- Meanwhile boil the leaves in a little salted water til tender.
- Strain well then toss with the butter (this allows moisture to evaporate without sticking to pan).
- Fork lightly then sprinkle over the lemon juice.