Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Centre is white chocolate. Chocolate coating is flavoured with Grand Marnier. And then rolled with cocoa powder. Easy to do.
- 2 teaspoons light corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 5 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter, chopped
- 6 1⁄2 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 3 tablespoons whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier
- unsweetened cocoa powder
- TO MAKE WHITE CENTER, combine corn syrup and cream in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Remove heat and add white chocolate. Leave stand few minutes until white chocolate melts and, if necessary return to low heat. Pour mixture into a medium bowl lined with foil. Chill until firm. Form mixture into 6 balls. Freeze until firm.
- TO MAKE CHOCOLATE COATING, melt butter in a small saucepan on low heat. Add semisweet chocolate; remove heat. Stir until smooth. Add cream and Grand Marnier. Chill until slightly firm. To assemble truffles, divide semisweet chocolate mixture into 6 balls. Flatten each ball. Wrap around white chocolate ball. Roll between hands to form an even surface.
- Roll balls in cocoa. Freeze until firm. Wrap each ball in plastic wrap and then in foil. Store in freezer up to 8 weeks.
- TO SERVE, CUT EACH FROZEN BALL IN 1/2, USING A KNIFE DIPPED IN BOILING WATER. DIVIDE EACH 1/2 INTO 3 WEDGES. Place in small paper cases, white side up. Makes 36 truffles.
- Chocolates & Petits Fours.