Prep 1 hr
Cook 10 mins
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Melt chocolate in small heavy saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly; set aside.
- Beat butter and sugar in large bowl until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Combine flour and salt in medium bowl; gradually add to butter mixture.
- Reserve 2 cups dough.
- Beat chocolate into remaining dough until smooth.
- Cover both doughs and refrigerate about 20 minutes or until firm enough to handle.
- Preheat oven to 400*F.
- Roll out vanilla dough between two sheets of waxed paper to 1/2-inch thickness.
- Cut into 5X4-inch rectangles.
- Place chocolate dough on sheet of waxed paper.
- Using waxed paper to hold dough, roll back and forth to form log about 1 inch in diameter.
- Cut into 5-inch-long logs.
- Place chocolate log in center of vanilla rectangle.
- Wrap vanilla dough around log and and fit into cookie press fitted with star disc.
- Press dough onto ungreased cookie sheets 1 1/2 inches apart.
- Repeat with remaining vanilla rectangles and chocolate logs.
- Bake about 10 minutes or until just set.
- Remove cookies to wire racks; cool completely.