Prep 2 mins
Cook 0 mins
For our 5 year olds lunch box for either snack time or lunch for his first year at kindergarten that are reasonably healthy but will bring a smile to his face when he finds them. Kids tire of the same old sandwich, so I came up with this as a new and fun way to make sure he doesn't skip his sandwich!
- 1 slice whole wheat bread
- 1 slice whole grain white bread
- You will need two cookie cutters. A large one (that still fits within the bread slice) and a smaller cutter that will fit inside the larger cookie cutter. I used a large heart and a small star. - OR - Just use One cutter and do the center.
- Place the 2 slices of bread on a cutting surface. Using the large cutter, cut the shape out of both slices. Using the smaller cutter, cut the center of both shapes. - OR - Just cut out one shape from each slice.
- Swap the larger cutouts, so that the wheat bread has the large white bread design and the white has the wheat. - OR - Just swap the one you cut out.
- Assemble your sandwich as normal.
What a fantastic idea!!! This definately jazzes up plain old sandwiches.