1/2 Photos of Two Toned Sandwiches (Lunch Box Surprise)
For our 5 year olds lunch box for either snack time or lunch for his first year at kindergarten that are reasonably healthy but will bring a smile to his face when he finds them. Kids tire of the same old sandwich, so I came up with this as a new and fun way to make sure he doesn't skip his sandwich!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 slice whole wheat bread
- 1 slice whole grain white bread
- 1You will need two cookie cutters. A large one (that still fits within the bread slice) and a smaller cutter that will fit inside the larger cookie cutter. I used a large heart and a small star. - OR - Just use One cutter and do the center.
- 2Place the 2 slices of bread on a cutting surface. Using the large cutter, cut the shape out of both slices. Using the smaller cutter, cut the center of both shapes. - OR - Just cut out one shape from each slice.
- 3Swap the larger cutouts, so that the wheat bread has the large white bread design and the white has the wheat. - OR - Just swap the one you cut out.
- 4Assemble your sandwich as normal.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Two Toned Sandwiches (Lunch Box Surprise)
Serving Size: 1 (53 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 135.6
- Calories from Fat 15
- Total Fat 1.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 259.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 5.5 g