Recipe by smellyvegetarian
This recipe from Taste of Home sounds lovely and delicious--perfect for a holiday table! I am posting here with lighter ingredients, but feel free to use the high-test kind :). Submitted by Sheree Stahn.
Top Review by Susie D
This was a different way to serve sweet potatoes and I enjoyed the savory additions. I mashed the potatoes as directed and spooned into aluminum shells; carefully filling each shell with both mixtures. They look pretty & I froze most of them for future summer meals. Thank you for sharing the recipe! Made for ZWT&.
- 6 medium russet potatoes
- 6 medium sweet potatoes
- 2⁄3 cup light sour cream, divided
- 1⁄3 cup skim milk
- 3⁄4 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 4 tablespoons chives, divided
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Pierce russet and sweet potatoes with a fork. Bake at 400° for 60-70 minutes or until tender. Set sweet potatoes aside.
- Cut a third off the top of each russet potato; scoop out pulp, leaving skins intact.
- Place pulp in a bowl; mash with 1/3 cup sour cream, milk, cheese, 2 tablespoons chives and 3/4 teaspoon salt. Set aside.
- Cut off the tip of each sweet potato; scoop out pulp, leaving skins intact.
- Mash pulp with remaining sour cream, chives and salt. Stuff mixture into half of each potato skin; spoon russet potato filling into other half.
- Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through.