1/2 Photos of Two-Tone Yeast Bread
1 hr 10 mins
Bonnie G #2's Note:
Found this in "Taste of Home" magazine and sounds yummy and looks pretty in the picture. I think even my picky DGSs might like this toasted; so wanted to save it here for safe keeping. Timing does not include rising time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 1/4-4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 ounce active dry yeast (1 package)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 cups milk, warm (120-130)
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1 1/2 teaspoons shortening
- 1In large mixing bowl, combine 2 cups flour, sugar, yeast and salt. Add warm milk and shortening, beat until smooth.
- 2Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dought (dough will be sticky).
- 3Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes.
- 4Place in a bowl coated with cooking spray, turning once to coat top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 5For molasses dough, in a large mixing bowl combine all-purpose flour, sugar, yeast and salt.
- 6Add the warm milk, molasses and shortening; beat until smooth.
- 7Stir in enough whole wheat flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky).
- 8Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes.
- 9Place in a bowl coated with cooking spray, turning once to coat top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 10Punch down doughs, divide each dough in half. On a lightly floured surface, roll one portion of each dough into a 12 inch x 8 inch rectangle.
- 11Place the rectangle of molasses dough on the rectangle of plan dough.
- 12Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a short side; pinch seam to seal and tuck ends under. Place seam side down in an 8 inch x 4 inch x 2 inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray. repeat with remaining dough.
- 13Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- 14Bake at 375°F for 35-40 minutes or until browned. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Two-Tone Yeast Bread
Serving Size: 1 (1864 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2378.0
- Calories from Fat 472
- Total Fat 52.5 g
- Saturated Fat 17.5 g
- Cholesterol 51.2 mg
- Sodium 3691.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 415.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 25.2 g
- Sugars 43.2 g
- Protein 66.6 g