Prep 45 mins
Cook 7 hrs
This is a delicious side dish with a stunning presentation. A really valuable addition to your holiday or special occasion table. It's a bit of work, but the gorgeous and scruptios results are definitely worth it!
- 10 white potatoes, cubed
- 7 -8 sweet potatoes, cubed
- 2 onions, minced
- 5 tablespoons oil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons margarine
- Boil all of the potatoes until soft and drain.
- Saute onions until translucent.
- Mash the white potatoes and add salt, onions, and margarine.
- Spread the white potatoes onto a large sheet of aluminum foil to half an inch thick - keep it rectangular shaped.
- Mash the sweet potatoes.
- Spread the sweet potatoes over the white potatoes.
- Roll up the potatoes jelly-roll fashion, using the foil to help you roll.
- Transfer to a baking sheet and freeze for 5-6 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Slice the roll on the sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
i made this for thanksgiving; it was a hit!!!! i forgot the onions; just mashed the 2 types of potatoes and rolled them like a jellyroll(first time i had ever done that too!). it was delicious and will probably be a regular holiday dish in my house. thanks again!!