Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
I got this recipe from the Creative Cook's Cookbook. Their recipes have never disappointed me.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 10 standard muffin cups.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; mix thoroughly.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer set on medium speed, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Beat in eggs and buttermilk until well blended.
- Stir in flour mixture just until blended, being careful not to overmix.
- Divide batter between 2 bowls.
- Stir vanilla into 1 bowl of batter.
- Stir melted chocolate into remaining bowl of batter.
- Spoon the vanilla batter into one side of each prepared muffin cup, filling the cups two-thirds full.
- Spoon the chocolate batter into the other half of each muffin cup.
- Fill the 2 empty cups with water for even baking.
- Bake muffins until a toothpick inserted in center of one comes out clean, 15-17 minutes.
- Transfer the pan to a wire rack; let muffins cool for 5 minutes.
- Turn muffins onto the rack; cool completely.
- Note: To jazz these up, top half of a muffin with chocolate icing and the other half with white icing.
- Also, you can make marbled muffins by swirling the two batters together.
These were GREAT! I made nine large ones. I thought the texture was similar to a poundcake.I added a touch of almond extract to the chocolate batter. We took them to a swim meet and my daughter thought they brought her luck! Roxygirl
This is a delicious recipe!Very moist and tasty.If I could pick 6 stars I would!!I did not have buttermilk so I used lemon juice and milk combination.It was perfect!The batter was quite watery after the eggs and milk addition but it turned out wonderful!I will definately be making this again.Thanks for submitting it!