1/2 Photos of Two-Tone Melon Soup
Sydney Mike's Note:
This recipe is from More Vitality Cooking, 1997, send to me in a recent cookbook swap! Here ripe melons are the key to a very tasty & healthy soup! Preparation time does not include the 4 hours needed for the pureed melons to chill!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slice, deseed & peel melons, then cut them into chunks, placing each melon in separate bowls.
- 2In a blender puree cantaloupe, then pour back into its bowl.
- 3Repeat for the honeydew, keeping each pureed melon separate.
- 4Stir 2 to 4 teaspoons of lime juice into each puree.
- 5Refrigerate until well chilled, at least 4 hours, but no longer than 24 hours.
- 6To serve, pour some of each puree into a separate measuring cup, then SIMULTANEOUSLY pour each measured amount into opposite sides of the same wide soup bowl. DO NOT MIX.
- 7If desired, add a little yogurt to center of each bowl & swirl it a little between the two purees!
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Two-Tone Melon Soup
Serving Size: 1 (628 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 209.9
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 101.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 47.3 g
- Protein 3.8 g