Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is from More Vitality Cooking, 1997, send to me in a recent cookbook swap! Here ripe melons are the key to a very tasty & healthy soup! Preparation time does not include the 4 hours needed for the pureed melons to chill!
- 1 large cantaloupe, ripe
- 1 large honeydew melon, ripe
- 8 teaspoons lime juice, fresh
- 1⁄2 cup yogurt (optional) or 1⁄2 cup sour cream (optional)
- Slice, deseed & peel melons, then cut them into chunks, placing each melon in separate bowls.
- In a blender puree cantaloupe, then pour back into its bowl.
- Repeat for the honeydew, keeping each pureed melon separate.
- Stir 2 to 4 teaspoons of lime juice into each puree.
- Refrigerate until well chilled, at least 4 hours, but no longer than 24 hours.
- To serve, pour some of each puree into a separate measuring cup, then SIMULTANEOUSLY pour each measured amount into opposite sides of the same wide soup bowl. DO NOT MIX.
- If desired, add a little yogurt to center of each bowl & swirl it a little between the two purees!
Fantastic! Wow! This was really good. My husband thinks it would make good popsicles! Thank you, Syd! Reviewed for Healthy Choices ABC tag game.
Wonderful light dessert or palate cleanser! Lends to handsome presentation and easily halved for 2 servings; I used tall biscuit cutters to form concentric circles with ease. We like lime juice, so I used the larger amount suggested. For garnish, I used orange zest and lime zest. Men, impress your wife with this for Mothers Day breakfast. Thanks for sharing this recipe, Sydney Mike; I have been looking forward to trying this experiment. Made for March 2009 Veg*n Swap.