Recipe by Sydney Mike
This recipe is from More Vitality Cooking, 1997, send to me in a recent cookbook swap! Here ripe melons are the key to a very tasty & healthy soup! Preparation time does not include the 4 hours needed for the pureed melons to chill!
- 1 large cantaloupe, ripe
- 1 large honeydew melon, ripe
- 8 teaspoons lime juice, fresh
- 1⁄2 cup yogurt (optional) or 1⁄2 cup sour cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice, deseed & peel melons, then cut them into chunks, placing each melon in separate bowls.
- In a blender puree cantaloupe, then pour back into its bowl.
- Repeat for the honeydew, keeping each pureed melon separate.
- Stir 2 to 4 teaspoons of lime juice into each puree.
- Refrigerate until well chilled, at least 4 hours, but no longer than 24 hours.
- To serve, pour some of each puree into a separate measuring cup, then SIMULTANEOUSLY pour each measured amount into opposite sides of the same wide soup bowl. DO NOT MIX.
- If desired, add a little yogurt to center of each bowl & swirl it a little between the two purees!