Recipe by TexasKelly
I have to confess I haven't made this yet-- I found it while surfing the internet on my lunchbreak at work. I wanted to put it here for safekeeping, because I know I would never remember the site it came from. I plan to make this over the 4th of July weekend.
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup water
- 2⁄3 cup frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 4 drops red food coloring
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup fresh blueberries
- 3 thin lemon slices or 3 pink grapefruit slices, halved (optional)
- lemon peel curls (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small saucepan combine gelatin and sugar; add 2/3 cup of the water.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until dissolved.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in remaining water and lemonade concentrate.
- Divide mixture in half, transferring each to a medium bowl.
- Stir red food coloring into one portion of the mixture.
- Cover and chill about 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until mixtures mound.
- In a chilled bowl beat whipping cream with an electric mixer on medium speed until soft peaks form (tips curl); set aside.
- Wash beaters.
- Beat plain lemonade mixture with electric mixer on medium speed about 30 seconds or until light and foamy.
- Beat pink mixture until light and foamy.
- Fold half the whipped cream into each lemonade mixture.
- Carefully layer plain mixture and pink mixture into 6 small serving glasses or dessert dishes, dividing evenly.
- Cover and chill at least 2 hours before serving.
- Garnish with fresh berries, and if desired, citrus slices and lemon peel curls.
- Makes 6 servings.