Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This was in the 2006 quick cooking annual recipes cookbook. I have not tried this, but will because it looks good and simple.
- 2 -4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- 2 -4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 slices white bread
- 4 slices process American cheese
- 4 slices swiss cheese
- Spread desired amount of butter over one side of each slice of whole wheat bread.
- Spread mayonnaise over one side of each slice of white bread.
- Place whole wheat bread, buttered side down, on a hot griddle.
- Layer with American cheese and Swiss cheese.
- Top with white bread, mayonnaise side up.
- Cook until golden brown on both sides.
Very good. I to found this recipe in Taste Of Home Quick Cooking. I made these for my husband's and my dinner. They were very good. I made a few minor changes to the recipe. I didn't used wheat bread just had white bread and I didn't use the mayonnaise. Overall I'll make these this way again! Thanks for posting. Christine (internetnut)
An interesting take on grilled cheese. I loved the combination of American and Swiss cheese. Melted goodness in every bite. Thanks for sharing.