Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
From Better Homes & Gardens "At one-fourth the calories and half the fat of the traditional version, this creamy coleslaw also has surprising extra sweetness from the apples." Try to use fresh dill if you can, it makes all the difference. This coleslaw is so easy and tasty. Family and friends love it!
- 2⁄3 cup light mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 4 cups shredded green cabbage
- 4 cups shredded red cabbage
- 2 large sweet apples, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- For dressing, in an extra-large bowl stir together light mayonnaise, vinegar, dill, salt, and pepper.
- Stir in cabbage, apples, and onion.
- Cover, chill at least 2 hours or up to 48 hours.
- Note: Use fresh dill if you can. This is a great make ahead side dish, I chill it at least 6 hours before serving and then add more black pepper to taste. kitchen Tip: When making this salad more than 2 hours ahead of time, toss apple slices in lemon juice to keep them crisp and fresh-looking.
Good salad, GREAT dressing. Enjoyed the flavors. Made for a nice side with some chicken breasts. Made for ABC tag.