Recipe by Sydney Mike
Here's a 'mixed drink' that isn't --Comes from the 1967 Better Homes and Gardens' 'so good with FRUIT' cookbook.
Top Review by cookiedog
Not only is this beautiful, it tastes great too! It was one of the easiest drinks I have ever had the pleasure of layering. Strange as it sounds, the flavors complemented each other perfectly. Thank you Syd!
- 4 cups unsweetened pineapple juice, chilled
- 4 cups tomato juice, chilled
- 4 lemon slices, thin, halved
Directions See How It's Made
- Into eight 8-oz glasses, pour 1/2 cup pineapple juice.
- Tip glass & SLOWLY pour 1/2 cup tomato juice down side of glass [The tomato juice SHOULD end up layered on top of the pineapple juice, NOT MIXED IN!].
- Float lemon half-slice on top.
- To get fancy, trim with sprig of watercress.
- Can be fixed ahead of time, but store in refrigerator NOT MORE THAN 1 HOUR before serving.