Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Here's a 'mixed drink' that isn't --Comes from the 1967 Better Homes and Gardens' 'so good with FRUIT' cookbook.
- 4 cups unsweetened pineapple juice, chilled
- 4 cups tomato juice, chilled
- 4 lemon slices, thin, halved
- Into eight 8-oz glasses, pour 1/2 cup pineapple juice.
- Tip glass & SLOWLY pour 1/2 cup tomato juice down side of glass [The tomato juice SHOULD end up layered on top of the pineapple juice, NOT MIXED IN!].
- Float lemon half-slice on top.
- To get fancy, trim with sprig of watercress.
- Can be fixed ahead of time, but store in refrigerator NOT MORE THAN 1 HOUR before serving.
Not only is this beautiful, it tastes great too! It was one of the easiest drinks I have ever had the pleasure of layering. Strange as it sounds, the flavors complemented each other perfectly. Thank you Syd!
Other than adding a dash of salt, and an extra squeeze of lemon on top... This was so easy and a pretty drink. Never thought of the combination, but it worked for me. Thanks for sharing (Made for Bevy Tag 08) Cheers! ~V
This is a very good drink!! It really did layer in the glass. It looked pretty. The combination of flavors went together really well. I will be making this often. Thanks for a great drink recipe Syd. Made for April '08 Bevy Tag.game