Recipe by Happy Harry #2
Needed a quick vegetarian dish for a special dinner when I found out I had nothing already made in my freezer. This dish came together in a flash. Sometimes it's good to have canned goods on the shelf!
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cansroasted garlic cream of mushroom soup
- 32 ounces mushroom ravioli, frozen
- 2 vegetable bouillon cubes
- 1 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half (lower % too thin) or 1 1⁄2 cups milk (lower % too thin)
- 2 cups assorted bell peppers, fresh, thin sliced
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 16 cups water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium-sized pot, put soups, 1 cup water, bouillon cubes, fresh ground pepper, garlic powder and half and half. Heat on medium Stir frequently.
- Put large pot with 16 cups of water on to boil. Add salt.
- When boiling, add ravioli. Bring water back to rolling boil. Do this in batches so as to not overcrowd the pot. Scoop ravioli out when they float to top of pot and place in colander. Rinse in cool water VERY gentle. They are not fully cooked at this stage.
- When bouillon cubes in sauce are fully dissolved, turn off heat and add peppers, garlic and ground pepper. Stir to incorporate. Set aside.
- Very lightly spray a casserole dish with plain cooking spray.
- Put one large ladle-full of sauce in now empty ravioli pot.
- Gentle add ravioli and rest of sauce to pot. Fold together being careful not to break ravioli.
- Place mixture into casserole dish. Tightly cover with foil. Make sure dish is large enough otherwise, your oven will be messy.
- Bake in preheated 350°F oven for 20 minutes. Uncover for last 10 minutes.