Recipe by Realtor by day, Chef by night
These will be the easiest truffles you've ever made and they are sooo yummy! They are a tradition at my house for Christmas and we coat them in pink-tinted white chocolate for my daughter's birthday. You can shape them like eggs for Easter and dip them in dyed white chocolate or roll them in colored sugar. You can add different flavorings, different coatings, substitute milk, dark or white chocolate... the variations are endless. No matter how you finish these, they will taste great! The original recipe came from one of the chocolate companies several years ago but I can't remember which one.
Top Review by Virginia Chandler
Super easy and yummy desert!! I took these to a Christmas party and they made a great presentation...I rolled them in coconut, crushed oreo's, pecans and multi color sugar crystals.
I used Ghiradelli semi-sweet chocolate chips and they were so smooth and creamy. I made the chocloate a day ahead...left in refrigerator overnight then rolled the trufles an hour before the party put back in fridge to set. I will make again..Thanks for posting!!!
- 226.79 g semisweet chocolate, chopped in small chunks
- 118.29 ml heavy cream
- toasted coconut
- finely ground nuts
- colored crystal sugar
- powdered sugar
- finely ground cookie crumbs
- fancy cookie decorating candy sprinkles (you choose the finishing items)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chopped chocolate in a bowl. Slowly bring cream to a boil in a small saucepan. Pour over chocolate. Let stand 1 minute. Stir until smooth. Cover and chill.
- Using a melon baller, scoop into 2 teaspoon sized balls. Smooth them out a little by hand. Serve as is or roll or dip in your choice of coatings.
- Try not to eat too many of these while you're making them or there won't be any left for the party! We have lots of fun rolling these in all different things and sampling the results as we go. The kids have a ball doing this. I usually set up 6 or 8 little bowls of things in advance. I always make a double batch that way my family can enjoy taste testing and I still have enough for the party!