Recipe by Shanna021
I found this recipe in a "First Magazine", and have made it twice so far. We really like it. It's got great flavor, and it's simple to make.
- 1 tablespoon chili powder or 1 tablespoon dried chipotle powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 1⁄2 lbs beef brisket, untrimmed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon liquid smoke
Directions See How It's Made
- In mixing bowl, stir together chipotle powder, salt, sugar, garlic powder and onion powder.
- Transfer beef to a large resealable plastic bag; add spice mixture and liquid smoke.
- Seal bag and shake to coat meat.
- Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- Heat oven to 250F.
- Remove brisket from bag and place in broiler pan, fat side up.
- Cook 2 1/2 to 3 hours, basting with juices every hour.
- Let meat rest 15 minutes.
- Cut against the grain into thin slices.
- Pour pan juices over top.