Prep 2 hrs
Cook 0 mins
I hope you enjoy this recipe from the Court of Two Sisters in New Orleans. Prep time includes time to chill.
- 3 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 1 cup celery, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup seedless grapes, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1⁄2 cup toasted almond
- romaine lettuce or boston lettuce
- In a large salad bowl blend together chicken, celery, onions, salt, lemon juice, and grapes. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- Just prior to serving add mayonnaise, oranges, and almonds, tossing gently to avoid breaking the oranges.
- Serve on leaves of Romaine or Boston lettuce or scoop generously into a avocado half.
- Serves 4 large portions or 8 smaller ones.
This is was a great chicken salad and very simple to make. Instead of using Romaine lettuce I served this on toasted onion buns. My family can't wait for me to make this again
Made as posted without the grapes. Had 2 leftover rotisserie breasts, so that added extra flavor. DH and I had for dinner with just enough for lunch the next day. There was a nice crunch, and the oranges added just the right sweetness ! Thanks for posting, Bev.
This is fabulous and so easy to make! I love the Mandarin Oranges in it! Made according to the instructions and served with lettuce and croissant rolls for a light summer evening meal