Recipe by Calee
Baked white and wild rice, with marinated artichoke hearts.
Top Review by Gerry
We are very fond of rice and am constantly looking for new recipes. Everyone gave this one the thumbs up! I made as posted as well as without the artichokes (needed to restock those artichokes!) It was a wonderful Pilaf and one I will make again ... and again! Thank you calee.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup wild rice
- 1 small onion
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 1⁄2 cups long grain rice (uncooked)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (6 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts
- 1⁄2 sweet red pepper, slivered
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet heat oil, add wild rice and onion cook over medium heat until rice is coated and onion is softened, 2-4 minutes.
- Transfer to oven proof (8 cup) casserole dish that has a lid.
- Add chicken stock cover dish and bake in 375°F for 30 minutes.
- Add long grain rice, butter and salt, stir well.
- Cover and return to oven for 20-30 minutes or until rice is tender and most of liquid is absorbed.
- Drain artichoke hearts, reserving 1 tbsp of marinade.
- Halve hearts add to rice along with reserved marinade and red pepper.
- Return to oven for 5 minutes to heat thoroughly.