Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 hrs
- 1 medium russet potatoes or 1 medium baking potato, cut into 1/2 inch cubes (about 1 cup)
- 1 medium dark-orange sweet potato, peeled,cut into 1/2 inch cubes (1 1/4 cups)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) candiced tomatoes with basil, garlic and oregano,undrained
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 vegetable bouillon cubes
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas and carrots (about 2 cups)
- In 3 1/2 to 4-quart slow cooker, combine all ingredients except peas and carrots; mix well.
- Cover; cook on low setting for 8 to 12 hours, adding peas and carrots 15 minutes before serving.
I forgot to add the frozen peas, and used fresh carrots. I also didn't have the canned tomatoes with the spices, so I just used regular canned tomatoes and a teaspoon of Italian spices. I'm not quite sure how much I like the combination of sweet potatoes and tomatoes...I might have to try it again! Thanks for sharing
I've made this soup several times and just love it. Sometimes I add a box of 10-oz frozen butternut squash at the end to thicken it.