Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I have yet to try this - looks like a great way to get sweet potatoes into a meal.
Make and share this Two Potato Mash recipe from Food.com.
- Peel and quarter regular potatoes. Peel and cut sweet potatoes into eighths.
- In a large saucepan, cover regular potatoes with cold water. Bring to a boil and cook 5 minutes.
- Add sweet potatoes and cook another 15 minutes or until fork tender.
- Drain potatoes, and return to low heat for 3 minutes to dry, shaking occasionally.
- Mash potatoes until smooth. Continue mashing while gradually adding milk.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
Very much enjoyed, I particularly liked the addition of green onions and nutmeg, two flavours I really enjoy. I used the sour cream :) Nice creamy potatoes with lots of flavour, I made this to accompany an old favourite, Yes, Virginia There is a Great Meatloaf, and we enjoyed an excellent Sunday supper! Thanks, CountryMama!
Not your ordinary mashed potatoes. These are heavenly delicious and the flavors really work well together. It's smooth and creamy with the occaissional bite of a green onion. I used sharp cheddar cheese and a bit more than a "pinch" of nutmeg. I used 2% milk and light sour cream, so I can say that it's easily "lightened" a bit without sacrificing flavor. This would go with pretty much any type of meat. I will certainly make this again. Thanx for posting the recipe!