Recipe by CountryMama
I have yet to try this - looks like a great way to get sweet potatoes into a meal.
Top Review by Karen Elizabeth
Very much enjoyed, I particularly liked the addition of green onions and nutmeg, two flavours I really enjoy. I used the sour cream :) Nice creamy potatoes with lots of flavour, I made this to accompany an old favourite, Recipe #54257, and we enjoyed an excellent Sunday supper! Thanks, CountryMama!
- 4 medium potatoes
- 2 small sweet potatoes
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and quarter regular potatoes. Peel and cut sweet potatoes into eighths.
- In a large saucepan, cover regular potatoes with cold water. Bring to a boil and cook 5 minutes.
- Add sweet potatoes and cook another 15 minutes or until fork tender.
- Drain potatoes, and return to low heat for 3 minutes to dry, shaking occasionally.
- Mash potatoes until smooth. Continue mashing while gradually adding milk.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.