Recipe by Sydney Mike
I've done a bit of tweaking on the original of this recipe which was found in the 2006 cookbook, Taste of Home Everyday Light Meals.
Top Review by 2Bleu
The combination of the two potatoes is great. I too had watery results with the cottage cheese. Next time I will try it with cream cheese. We loved the green onions in this. Nice touch. :)
- 1 lb potato
- 1 medium sweet potato (about 8 oz)
- 1 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon nonfat milk
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons green onions, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Dice potatoes (peeled or not), then place in a steamer & steam, until tender, about 10-15 minutes. Drain & set aside in a large bowl.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F & coat the inside of a 1-quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a blender or food processor, combine cottage cheese, sour cream, milk, sugar, salt & garlic powder, then cover & process until smooth.
- To the diced potatoes, add processed cottage cheese mixture & green onions, stirring gently to combine.
- Pour potato mixture into the prepared baking dish & bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with the shredded cheddar cheese, then return to oven & bake another 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.