Recipe by Cookbook Debi
This recipe has been revised from a recipe from a Better Homes & Gardens grilling cookbook - to be cooked on the grill but I turned it into a casserole instead.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced (12 oz.)
- 4 small red potatoes, thinly sliced (8 oz.)
- 4 onion rings, separated
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary or 4 fresh basil or 4 fresh oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup shredded smoked provolone cheese (2 oz.) or 1⁄2 cup gouda cheese (2 oz.)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven 350*.
- Spray bottom of casserole dish with pam.
- In a 2 quart casserole dish divide sweet potatoes and red potatoes, alternating and overlapping the slices. Top with onion, margarine, herb, salt, and pepper. Cover and bake until tender. Use toothpick test. [potato cooking time varies - new potatos take longer - as also if you slice them thicker it will take longer to cook] Uncover; sprinkle with cheese; melt.