Recipe by NurseJaney
From "The Big Book of Casseroles", a flavorful and colorful dish of sweet and white potatoes, in broth seasoned with caraway seeds. Food processor makes slicing easier. A great Fall-Winter side for any meal. Embarrassingly simple !
- 2 large baking potatoes, peeled and sliced in 1/4 inch slices
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced in 1/4 inch slicesC
- 1 yellow onion, sliced into rings
- 3 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon butter, cut up
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place potatoes, onions, parsley, and seasonings in 2 1/2 quart casserole lightly coated with cooking spray or oil.
- Mix well.
- Pour broth over all.
- Dot top with butter.
- Cover and bake until potatoes are tender, about 1 hour.