Recipe by shawnajean
This is from Diabetes Control For Life website. Nutrition Information Amount Per Serving Calories 410 Calories from Fat 90 Total Fat 10g Saturated Fat 2g Cholesterol 65mg Sodium 490mg Total Carbohydrate 53g Dietary Fiber 10g Sugars 26g Protein 32g Vitamin A 230% Vitamin C 440% Calcium 15% Iron 25%
- 1 garlic clove
- 4 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, raw
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 medium green bell pepper
- 1⁄2 medium red bell pepper
- 1 1⁄2 fluid ounces fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup diced tomato, canned
- 1 cup mixed salad green
- 1⁄2 cucumber
- 1 tablespoon fat-free salad dressing, favorite flavor
- 1 whole wheat roll
- 1 cup cantaloupe ball, fresh (or frozen)
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and crush garlic clove. Slice chicken breast crosswise into thin slices.
- On a plate, mix the garlic and pepper; add the chicken strips and toss until well coated.
- In a medium non-stick skillet, heat the olive oil over high heat.
- Add the chicken and stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes, or until lightly browned and cooked through; transfer to a clean plate.
- Add bell peppers and 1/2 ounce (1 tablespoon) of stock to the skillet and stir-fry for 3 to 4 minutes, or until peppers start to soften and brown.
- Add tomatoes and 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) of stock, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 4 minutes, or until peppers are very tender.
- Return the chicken to the skillet. Cover and simmer for 3 minutes, or until chicken is heated through and flavors are blended.
- Serve with mixed green salad and whole wheat roll.
- To prepare salad, wash mixed greens and cucumber; peel and slice cucumber thinly; toss with dressing.
- Enjoy fresh or frozen (thawed) melon balls for dessert.