Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- Wash the mushrooms (or other vegetables you may wish to add) thoroughly.
- Cut the mushrooms into 1/4-inch lengthwise slices.
- Sauté the shallots in butter over medium heat in a large skillet for about 2 minutes until clear, but not brown.
- Add the mushrooms and sauté for an additional 10 minutes.
- Next add wine and stir over medium heat until wine is almost completely reduced.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, along with the parsley.
- In a separate bowl, mix cream, half and half and eggs.
- Blend well.
- Spread mushroom mixture evenly in the pastry shell and top with the shredded cheese.
- Pour egg and cream mixture over the top and bake 30 to 35 minutes until the custard is set.
i used crimini mushrooms and substituted white wine for the port. otherwise i kept the recipe as is. excellent for brunch today, thanks mimi
Hi Mimi Bobek, this was delightful! I used button with cremini mushrooms and it proved to be quite pleassant! Only had rosÃ©e on hand, so used that instead of the port and it turned out beautifully! Thanks so much for sharing such a lovely recipe, Diane :=)