Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 mins
This recipe is yummy, rich, fattening, and, so easy, you won't believe it. Mmmm-good! Please note that the prep/cook time does not include the chill time.
- 1 lb confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- In microwavable bowl, blend sugar and cocoa.
- Add butter and milk on top of mixture.
- Cook on high in microwave for two minutes.
- Remove and add vanilla.
- Stir well with wooden spoon.
- Pour into square baking pan.
- Sprinkle with chopped pecans.
- Chill, then cut into small pieces, and serve.
Delighted to see this recipe already here so I didn't have to add it. I sift my dry ingredients together first to help with lumps and use Mexican vanilla.
I added the black walnut flavoring 1/2 tsp(will try 1 tsp next) used real butter, 1 c pecans and lined a 9x9 with wax paper for easy removal, and cooked until it boiled. Tasted GREAT a bit crumbly but I might have overcooked a bit, hardened without chilling nice glossy finish. Definitely will tweak this recipe for many future uses!
I've been making this for quite a few years. 1 lb confectioners sugar is 3 1/2 cups. I also use 1 tablespoon of vanilla and 1 cup of walnuts instead of the pecans. Also add 1/4 teaspoon of black walnut flavoring if I have some - can't always find it in our small town. I also mix the milk in first and put the butter on top before I microwave it. These are just minor changes to a very good fudge.