Recipe by LWA says
Got this from the Women's Health website. A very light and easy way to enjoy shrimp scampi, without all the calories. Its definitely not the same as your traditional scampi, but it gets the job done. Can either be prepared in the microwave, or on the stove, whichever you prefer. I tend to use the pre-cooked frozen shrimp, however fresh shrimp work well if cooking on the stove.
- 24 large frozen shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄2 cup spinach leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 tablespoon margarine
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 dash hot sauce
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Microwave instructions: Mix all the ingredients together in a large microwavable bowl, tossing well to coat the shrimp. Microwave for one minute. Remove, toss well again. Microwave for an additional 1 minute 15 seconds.
- Stove-top instructions: Toss all ingredients in a skillet or wok over medium heat. Stir occasionally, until shrimp are heated through.
- Serve over whole wheat pasta for a healthy dish.