Recipe by shawnajean
Note: Don't make the vanilla pudding according to the package directions — just add the dry mix to the other ingredients.
Top Review by Bobtail
This was pretty tasty! I used an unbaked pie crust, instead of making the crust. Otherwise I followed as directed. Yummy, refreshing pie, just the thing for hot weather. thanks shawnajean!
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple in syrup or 1 (20 ounce) can juice, undrained
- 1 (8 ounce) package instant vanilla flavor pudding and pie filling, instant 6 serving size 1 container (8 ounces)
- 1 (9 inch) prepared shortbread pie crusts
- 1 (8 ounce) cansliced pineapple, drained and halved
- 8 maraschino cherries, drained
- 2 tablespoons sweetened flaked coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine the crushed pineapple with its syrup, the pudding mix, and sour cream; mix until well blended. Spoon into the pie crust; decorate with the sliced pineapple and cherries then sprinkle with the coconut. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours before serving.