1/2 Photos of Two-Meat Pizza With Wheat Crust
From Taste of Home, this pizza has a thick, bready crust that's delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 1 1/2 cups warm water (110-115 degrees)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4-2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (15 ounce) can pizza sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/2 lb bulk Italian sausage, cooked and drained
- 4 ounces Canadian bacon, chopped
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1In a bowl, dissolve the yeast in water and add oil.
- 2Combine whole wheat flour, sugar, and salt; add to yeast mixture and stir until smooth.
- 3Stir in enough all-purpose flour to form a soft dough.
- 4Turn onto a floured surface and knead until smooth, about 8 minutes.
- 5Place in a greased bowl; turn once to grease top.
- 6Cover and let rise in a warm place for 20 minutes.
- 7Punch dough down.
- 8Pat dough into bottom and 1-inch up the sides of a greased 14-inch pizza pan.
- 9Combine pizza sauce and sugar; spread over crust.
- 10Sprinkle with mushrooms, onion, and olives.
- 11Layer with sausage, Canadian bacon, and cheese.
- 12Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until crust is golden and cheese is melted.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Two-Meat Pizza With Wheat Crust
Serving Size: 1 (237 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 454.0
- Calories from Fat 194
- Total Fat 21.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 52.9 mg
- Sodium 876.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 20.4 g