Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
From the Kraft Foods website, this recipe is a lite version of another pumpkin pie recipe already posted here! My friends who are very calorie & sugar conscious find this pie very satisfying! Obviously the 20 minutes of preparation time does not include the time it takes to refrigerate before serving!
- 4 ounces neufchatel cheese, Philadelphia brand, softened
- 1 tablespoon nonfat milk, cold
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups Cool Whip Lite, thawed
- 6 ounces graham cracker crumb crust, reduced fat
- 1 cup nonfat milk, cold
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) packages pudding, instant vanilla, fat free, sugar free
- 1 (16 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground ginger
- In a large bowl, with a wire whisk, beat the low fat Neufchatel cheese, tablespoon of milk & sugar until well blended.
- Stir in the thawed, lite Cool Whip topping & spread it onto the bottom of the pie crust.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the cup of milk & the pudding mix, then add the pumpkin & spices & mix until well blended. Spread this mixture over the cheese layer.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving.
This was really good and oh so easy! I did use the full fat and sugar as we're not watching our calories and I don't care for sugar free... Dh says he prefers the traditional pumpkin pie, but I like that I can have a nice dessert on the table with less than 30min worth of work! I think I might add allspice and clove next time and increase the cream cheese.
This was made for the Aussie/New Zealand recipe swap! A wonderful recipe. Thanks for sharing! The kids loved it - I loved the batter! One pie didn't get to sit for the 4 hours in the fridge - it HAD to be eaten right away. This recipe is a keeper! So fast and easy to make. :)
This has been a favorite in my family ever sense we first learned about it about 4 years ago at a diner that makes them during the holidays. I probably make 3-4 of these every Christmas and Thanksgiving. They never last that long around my family. Who can really blame them though? This pie is just irresistable. Thanks for posting. :)