1/1 Photo of Two-Layer Key Lime Pie
I have a good friend that loves Key Lime Pie. I saw this in the current issue of "Bon Appetit" and immediately baked one up for her. She was not dissapointed. She said this version was one of the best she's ever tasted! I agree.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup granola cereal (without raisins or other dried fruit)
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs (from 6 whole graham crackers)
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- sweetened whipped cream or Cool Whip (to garnish)
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Using on/off turns, blend granola in a food processor until coarsely ground.
- 3Transfer granola into a mixing bowl.
- 4Add cracker crumbs, melted butter, and sugar.
- 5Press the mixture into a 9-inch diameter deep dish glass pie plate.
- 6Bake for 8 minutes, or until crust is golden brown.
- 7Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- 8Turn the oven down to 300.
- 9Meanwhile, whisk condensed milk, lime juice and egg yolks in a bowl to blend.
- 10Pour into the pie crust.
- 11Bake about 25 minutes, or until the mixture is set.
- 12Cool to room temperature.
- 13With an electric mixer, beat cream cheese, condensed milk, lime juice, sugar and vanilla in a large mixing bowl.
- 14Pour over the cooled baked layer.
- 15With a butter knife, spread evenly and smooth out the top.
- 16Cover and refrigerate until firm, at least 4 hours.
- 17Top with sweetened whipped cream or Cool Whip, if desired.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Two-Layer Key Lime Pie
Serving Size: 1 (161 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 516.0
- Calories from Fat 240
- Total Fat 26.7 g
- Saturated Fat 14.0 g
- Cholesterol 139.0 mg
- Sodium 223.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 51.3 g
- Protein 10.5 g