Recipe by Florida Cook
One layer chocolate fudge and one layer peanut butter fudge. This fudge is irresistible to everyone every time I make it. I've had this recipe for at least ten years and I don't remember where I got it. Try it once and it'll be a permanent part of your cook book recipes.
Top Review by michelles3boys
I have decided to leave no stars so this review won't affect the overall rating of the recipe. I made this fudge yesterday, but it did not turn out well. It never firmed up, even after sitting in the fridge overnight. This morning it is still gooey and has to be spooned out instead of cut into squares. I don't know what went wrong. I thought I followed the recipe exactly. It is also veeerry sweet. I am wondering if the 4 1/2 cups of sugar is an error. I am only posting this so others can make adjustments if they think they need to. *edit* I wanted to come back a few days later to say that I AM still eating this fudge. It has a good flavor, it's just too soft and sweet. I can only eat a little at a time.
- 2 cups peanut butter chips, divided (12 once package)
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups marshmallow creme (12 once jar)
- 1 1⁄2 cups evaporated milk (12 once can)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Line rectangular pan 13X92 inches, with aluminum foil.
- In medium mixing bowl place 1 cup peanut butter chips; set aside.
- In a second medium mixing bowl blend melted butter, cocoa and vanilla until smooth; add 1 cup peanut butter chips.
- In a heavy 4 quart saucepan combine sugar, marshmallow creme, evaporated milk and butter. Cook stirring constantly over medium heat until mixture comes to a rolling boil; boil and stir for five minutes.
- Remove from heat. Immediately add half of hot mixture to the bowel with peanut butter chips only. Pour remainder into cocoa mixture; stir to blend.
- Beat cocoa mixture until chips are melted and mixture thickens. Spread evenly over top of peanut butter layer.
- Cool until set. Remove foil and cut into squares.