Chef #928625's Note:
Turmeric is anti-oxidant anti-inflammatory and beneficial to acne prone skin.Be warned though that turmeric will stain anything it touches so make the mixture thick,wrap a towel around your shoulders and be careful of drips.Turmeric may also stain fair skin and hair,though it will be subtle (you won't turn bright yellow,though your fingernails might-wash your hands thoroughly!)the longer it's left on the more likely it is to stain,so start out with only 5-10 minutes.I have light skin and I don't notice any change to my skin unless I leave it on for at least an hour,or I have aggressively exfoliated my skin beforehand.In my opinion the strong anti-inflammatory properties of this mask far outway any slight yellowing ,which is not very noticeable and some people use this intentionally to cover up some of the redness and blotchiness from acne.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix together both ingredients to form a thick paste.
- 2Wash face with a gentle cleanser pat dry.
- 3Wearing disposable gloves or using a clean spoon apply the paste evenly over your face,being especially careful around your eyebrows and hairline.
- 4leave on your face at least 5 minutes and up to an hour.
- 5Rinse thoroughly with warm water to remove the mask,followed be a rinse with cold water to close your pores.
Browse Our Top Bath/Beauty Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bath/Beauty Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Two Ingredient Turmeric Face Mask
Serving Size: 1 (15 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 46.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 11.4 g
- Protein 0.1 g