Recipe by Sandy in Dayton
I am very very picky about my biscuits, I want them tasty, light, totally done, but not dry. I really hate the half cooked ones or the ones that are so dry and hard, you just about choke to death i.e. the kinds that you get at most restaurants. I came across a recipe for sour cream biscuits that sounded good and after searching, reviewing, and trying a bunch of different ones ( I always read the reviews before I try). I think I have come up with a really easy recipe that tastes super, I can not believe how great these came out. * does not include flour for rolling out or oil for greasing pan
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Directions for rolled biscuits:.
- Mix the ingredients together, then form into a soft ball. Place on a floured board and roll out to about 1/2 inch thickness (this is a very soft dough) cut out biscuits using a 2 inch round cutter. Place on greased baking sheet and bake about 12 minutes or until golden brown. (In my oven they took about 15 minutes, but I like my biscuits well done).
- Directions for dropped biscuits:.
- Mix the ingredients together. Then drop by spoonful (or use an oiled 1/4 cup measuring cup) onto a greased baking sheet and bake about 12 minutes or until golden brown.