Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Easy side dish that kills two birds with one stone!
- 1 potato
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (or less, I like A LOT of cheese)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 tablespoon chives
- 2 tablespoons milk (skim is fine)
- bacon bits (optional)
- Bake potato how ever you please, I microwave it for 5 minutes flip the potato, then microwave for five more.
- Let potato cool then cut in half and scoop out the pulp and place the pulp into a bowl.
- Mix all of the milk, the cheese reserving 3 tbs of cheese for skins and all but 3 tbs of the sour cream saving for the skins.
- Grease two 6 oz ramekins and place the pulp mixture into the ramekins and top with cheese if you want to.
- Cut the potato skins into four parts each, so you have 8 pieces.
- Spoon a little sour cream on each skin and then top with remaining cheese and sprinkle with chives and bacon bits (optional).
- You can place them in the fridge until you want to serve, or cook now.
- To cook now place skins and ramekins into a 350°F oven until skins are toasted and until ramekins are heated through.
- For vegetarian omit the bacon bits.
We enjoyed these for lunch today. We are in a potato eating frenzy, and it is so cold and rainy here, there was nothing left to do, except make these wonderful treats. I appreciate this recipe so much, because we will be using this again this Saturday for lunch. I didn't have any bacon, (what?) however, I had some "fake" bacon bits that I used and it was nice and crunchy. I added the chives to the top, and this was just pretty as a picture. I used almost the full amount of cheese, because like you, we love cheese. It was a breeze to put together and fun to have. It filled up that cold spot in our stomach. I might use green onion next time too, and there will be many more times to enjoy these. Thanks again, Anme!
Yummy! I love potatoes and there were great!
*So perfect for us* I love using my ramekins & DH adores twice-baked potatoes made just like this (w/the opt bacon), but he usually eats the potato mixture & leaves the skins. I served the ramekins w/meatball casserole leftovers (another tag) & got a bit creative w/the skins. I dusted the finished skins lightly w/taco seasoning & added a dollop of salsa to get nacho skins. Yum! Thx for sharing this great idea that helps me take a family favorite a step further & is certain to be repeated. :-)