Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
When warm this tends to be a bit soft and crumbly but very tasty. When cold it is easier to slice and makes terrific sandwiches. You can use one now, freeze one, give one away as a gift or slice up for sandwiches.
- 2 lbs ground chuck
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (16 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1 tablespoon dried sage, crumbled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon salt, to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Divide mixture into two 9 X 5 X 3 loaf pans.
- Bake in middle of oven for 1 hour 15 minutes@ 350 F or until meat thermometer reads 160°F.
- Cool for 20 minutes before removing from pans.