Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
I got this from a long-time family friend. Very easy and it always gets rave reviews...
- 6 -11 peaches, peeled and sliced (can use drained canned peaches or frozen)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter
- 5 slices white bread
- Prehead oven to 350 degrees.
- Place fruit in buttered 8x8 pyrex.
- Cut crusts from bread and tear bread into fingers.
- Place bread over fruit.
- In bowl, mix sugar, flour, eggs and butter.
- Pour over bread and fruit.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes till golden brown.
Made this using frozen peach slices & slices of a nutty, whole grain bread & it was absolutely delicious! Very easy to prepare, & wonderfully satisfying, as well! Couldn't have been better! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this Spring's round of Pick A Chef]